Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Illamasqua Lipstick Review: Fable

Hi everyone! So today I am going to be reviewing the Illamasqua lipstick in Fable. The lipstick retails for £18.50 in the UK and is a matte lipstick.



I love the packaging! Very sleek and high end feeling.




In my opinion, I think the lipstick is OK, and I only say OK because of the formula. I have very dry lips and even though I have moisturized and used an intensive cream on my lips to prep them for the lipstick, the lipstick still accentuated all the dry skin and patches that were on my lips. So, with the lipstick on, I didn't like the look of it. It made my lips look cracked and patchy which is a shame because I LOVE the colour! Therefore, I had to add a gloss on top to moisturize my lips. If I had used a MAC cremesheen lipstick, this wouldn't have happened. The lasting time of the lipstick is not incredible either. It lasted only 3-4 hours with no eating and from a matte lipstick, I would've expected it to last longer.

Overall, I think the lipstick is very drying , however then again it is a matte finish and I do have dry lips. I think this would work for someone who loves the matte finish, and doesn't suffer from dry lips, but if you do, I would suggest staying away from this. Any opinions? Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment